Allow this favorite library to be seen by others Keep this favorite library private. Find a copy in the library Finding libraries that hold this item Examines television and media studies theory and studies the textual and social role of parody in offering critical commentary on other television programs and genres. This book uses the favourite Springfield family as a case study.
- Advanced Self Defense in Close Quarters.
- Footprints in Time: A History and Ethnology of The Lenape-Delaware Indian Culture?
- Watching with The Simpsons: Television, Parody, and Intertextuality (Comedia).
- YOU CAN Watercolor in Minutes (The Conni Gordon YOU CAN Series Book 6).
- SearchWorks Catalog.
- Watching with The Simpsons: Television, Parody, and Intertextuality.
- Aufzeichnungen eines Toten: Roman (German Edition)?
Reviews Editorial reviews. Publisher Synopsis 'essential reading for fan and academic alike. User-contributed reviews Add a review and share your thoughts with other readers. Be the first.
Add a review and share your thoughts with other readers. View most popular tags as: tag list tag cloud. United States of America.freemuse.eywaapps.dk/wp-content/2019-06-18/12181.php
Watching with the Simpsons : Television, Parody, and Intertextuality
Simpsons -- Television program. User lists with this item 1 Dr. Campbell 70 items by imedina updated Linked Data More info about Linked Data. All rights reserved. Remember me on this computer. Cancel Forgot your password? Jonathan Gray. Print book : English View all editions and formats.
Simpsons Television program Intertextuality. Categories: Television Television Media Studies. Description Using our favourite Springfield family as a case study, Watching with The Simpsons examines the textual and social role of parody in offering critical commentary on other television programs and genres.
- Six Spanish Dances: For Piano (Kalmus Edition).
- BWE Marktübersicht Spezial Kleinwindanlagen (German Edition)?
- The Works of Robert G. Ingersoll, Vol. 1 (of 12) Dresden Edition—Lectures.
- My Wishlist.
- Watching with the Simpsons : Television, Parody, and Intertextuality - sernadedipul.cf?
Jonathan Gray brings together textual theory, discussions of television and the public sphere, and ideas of parody and comedy. Including primary audience research, it focuses on how The Simpsons has been able to talk back to three of television's key genres - the sitcom, adverts and the news - and on how it holds the potential to short-circuit these genre's meanings, power, and effects by provoking reinterpretations and offering more media literate recontextualizations. Examining television and media studies theory, the text of The Simpsons, and the show's audience, Gray attempts to fully situate the show's parody and humour within the lived realities of its audiences.
In doing so, he further explores the possibilities for popular entertainment television to discuss issues of political and social importance.
Watching with the Simpsons : television, parody, and intertextuality (Book, ) [sernadedipul.cf]
A must read for any student of media studies. Product details Format Paperback pages Dimensions x x Other books in this series.
- Reading Lists.
- New & Used Books;
- Reading Lists.
- Concrete 2000: Economic and Durable Construction Through Excellence, Volume Two: Economic and Durable Concrete Through Excellence - Proceedings of the ... Dundee, Scotland, UK on 7-9 September 1993?
Stuart Hall Kuan-Hsing Chen. Add to basket. Transnational Connections Ulf Hannerz. Watching with The Simpsons Jonathan Gray. Home Territories David Morley. MediaSpace Nick Couldry.
Relocating Television David Morley. Branding Television Catherine Johnson.
Spectacular Bodies Yvonne Tasker. Media, Modernity and Technology David Morley. Video Playtime Ann Gray. The Secret by Preiss et al.
Save on Nonfiction Trending price is based on prices over last 90 days. Extreme Ownership : How U. You may also like.
Rowling Hardcover Books. Jonathan Swift Hardcover Books. Dan Brown Hardcover Books. Hardcover Cookbook.